Friday 9 December 2016

Totally inspired by Tracy Scott! Flower Power

When I say inspired by, I virtually mean copied! I did a great art journalling workshop with Tracy Scott recently and I decided to use her journal layout on a canvas. You can see her original piece on Facebook (21st October) @myjournallingjourney. Do visit her blog too...here.
Tracy Scott - Journal Page

We have a new challenge today at That's Crafty! and as the theme is Flower Power I thought this was perfect! As always there is a £20 voucher to spend at That's Crafty! for the winner!

I decided to add a border on my canvas version so used torn paper to create a mask around the edge... I added some subtle stamping to this border area.
The focal flowers are handpainted over a gesso and stenciled background and lots of doodling added! Got to say I need to work on this to match Tracy's drawing.
I used an Andy Skinner stencil in the background and Deco Art Media Fluid Acrylics to paint.

Nikki
xxx

11 comments:

  1. A lovely luck of colour at this very time of year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, this is gorgeous, your doodled flowers are beautiful and I love the colouring and shading you did - beautiful work!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh now I do love this Nikki, really eye catching and gorgeous
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous florals, Nikki - makes me long for Spring!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers Nikki and just love those colours - make me think of Spring too!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers Nikki
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work Nikki - really fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulousl Nikki, the design transferred beautifully to the canvas. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning florals/layout Nikki x you can see you enjoyed the workshop xx

    TFS and hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous - can see the influence and love how you framed it! Looking forward to a Tracy Workshop in March! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki